An ideal choice for data analysis
With IBM SPSS Statistics Base software, you can:
- Quickly access and manage data
- Get a “first look” through descriptive statistics
- Perform fundamental tests to classify data, uncover relationships and make predictions Features
Get a quick data “snapshot”
You can quickly understand the basic structure of your data through the foundational statistics in IBM SPSS Statistics Base. These include cross-tabulations, frequencies, descriptives, descriptive ratio statistics, ANOVA and ANCOVA, correlation, and the procedures for comparing means and exploring data.
Make better decisions using Monte Carlo simulation
SPSS Statistics software combines the power of predictive analytics with the what-if capabilities of Monte Carlo simulation to help you assess risk and deal with uncertainty in predictive models.
- Assess what-if scenarios
- Simulate data according to user-specified parameters and then use that simulated data as input to predict an outcome
- Adjust the parameters used to simulate the data and compare outcomes
Map relationships in your data
IBM SPSS Statistics Base software also includes a number of procedures to help you identify groups and predict outcomes. These procedures include:
- Factor analysis
- K-means cluster analysis
- Hierarchical cluster analysis
- Two-step cluster analysis
- Discriminant analysis
- Linear regression
- Ordinal regression (also called PLUM)
- Nearest neighbor analysis
BM SPSS Statistics Extensions for R, Python and SPSS Syntax
Provide powerful features for users by offering a constant stream of new content without requiring a separate purchase or a new product installation.
The data editor makes it easier to manage data from IBM SPSS Statistics files as well as text files and data from other applications and databases.